The 2019 Fantasy football season is getting closer and it’s about time to start thinking about who you should draft at RB. In this article Im going to talk about the 2019 fantasy football RB rankings and who you should feel comfortable drafting this season!
Here is the top ten fantasy football running backs for this season
- Saquon Barkley, NYG
- Ezekiel Elliott, DAL
- Christian McCaffrey, CAR
- Alvin Kamara, NO
- Le’Veon Bell, NYJ
- David Johnson, ARI
- Todd Gurley II, LAR
- Melvin Gordon, LAC
- Joe Mixon, CIN
- James Connor, PIT
Who I’m excited about this season!
- Saquon Barkley. I was very skeptical drafting him last year because he was unproven but boy was I wrong. He was an absolute stud last season and I am not going to miss out on him again! He ran for 1300 yards and 11 TD, along with 91 Receptions for 700 yards. Yes sign me up for some Saquon this year! With such a poor supporting cast, he is going to get so many targets and carries!
- David Johnson. For those of you who drafted him last season, you could say you were a bit disappointed! Let the past be the past and you should get super excited to draft him this year! He had 940 yards rushing with 7 TD. Not too bad but with a brand new coach and offensive scheme, I think he is going be a target and carry monster! Fell confident in drafting him and having an amazing season!
- Christian McCaffrey. What do I even have to say about this man? 1098 yards rushing with 107 catches, yeah sign me up all day. For PPR leagues, these are just numbers you cant pass up. With a healthy Cam Newton returning, Expect McCaffrey to have a huge year!
Who I want to avoid this season
- Todd Gurley has to be on this list not because of talent, he is easily one of the best in the game, but with how the super bowl played out and him coming off injury, Im not that excited to have him on my team. He could have a great season but Im not willing to take that ride with him
- James Connor. Listen I won my league with James Connor, I absolutely love him! But I don’t think he is going to be a workhorse running back and I see him being part of a committee this year! Of course you’re going to draft him but lower your expectations from what he had last season.
- Leonard Fournette and Devonta Freeman both make this list not because of talent, but because of injury history. Both players coming off injuries last season, and Im not really sold on the idea of them being healthy for 16 games. I would draft somewhere else.
Sleepers of 2019
- Austin Ekeler. If Melvin Gordon gets traded or sits out this season, this guy is going to have a really good year! He already gets time on the field with Gordon, so he would be a very safe pick as a season long RB option
- Marlon Mack. He has a pretty good year in Indy, and now that he is the guy this year, I think he is going to be a pretty reliable running back in that offense.
- Super deep sleeper is going to be Frank Gore, BUF. We all know that LeSean McCoy is the most durable running back. I expect that there will be a few games that Frank Gore starts and gets 10 plus carries and could be a solid RB 2 or flex options in some weeks!
Hope you all enjoyed my thoughts on the 2019 fantasy football RB rankings. Who are you going to draft? Who are you going to Avoid? Be sure to listen to the audio podcast and the video podcast for more information all year long to help you win your league! Make sure you read my QB Rankings article as well!Follow Me!